- Food Service
NRMA Retail Theft Database
The National Retail Mutual Association (NRMA) offers an employee screening tool that goes beyond traditional background checks to deter the hiring of potentially dishonest retail employees. In fact, only 5% of the individuals located in NRMA have criminal records that may show up on a traditional search since most violators are never brought up on criminal conviction charges. NRMA offers our proprietary nationwide, retail-only theft database designed to stem the tide of inventory loss where it is most frequent â€“ among employees who work with your merchandise every day. NRMA enforces procedures that meet or exceed safeguards mandated by the FCRA.
NRMA's mission is to unite retailers in the struggle against inventory shrinkage caused by employee theft by providing responsible management of shared theft data for employment screening purposes. Through technological advancements to allow members maximum accessibility to shared theft data, and through continual legal study to provide a solution that ensures vigilant consideration of the handling of sensitive information to meet or exceed governmental regulations, we are committed to being a preferred partner to retailers interested in effective, legal and ever-advancing loss prevention strategies.
Our Core Values
- We seek to continually challenge our Retail Member Advisory Board to share best practices knowledge for the benefit of NRMA and all of its members.
- We hold collected incident information to a standard that is appropriate to the needs and demands of the retail industry.
- We only allow fully verified theft incident to beis disseminated, and all usage is in full compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws, including the FCRA.
- We ensure that partnership agreements are upheld with regard to a member's obligation of submitting and verifying theft incidents in a timely manner.
- We operate with integrity in all business dealings to ensure consistency and quality across the entire organization, to include the internal data management process.
- We continually build upon our leadership identity in the retail industry by supporting and participating in loss prevention conferences and exhibitions to promote the growth of NRMA.
- We seek to increase the scope of member retailers to all market verticals that could directly benefit from the use of our theft data for employment screening purposes.