As the hospitality industry’s labor market tightens and job seekers get more selective, your candidate experience must improve in equal measure. At the same time, you can’t skimp on screening quality or cost without running the risk of alienating your applicants and your clients, and no business can afford to pay a premium on every single check.
You, like no other industry, have to carefully balance candidate experience with screening quality, cost and compliance. That’s not a balance you can achieve on your own. You need a screening partner that understands your pain points and can help you create a screening program that brings balance and fulfillment to all your needs. That’s where we come in.
Candidate experience is truly imperative in industries with a tight labor market. Though candidate experience experts tend to focus on the recruiting process, you really need to minimize the burdens on the applicant throughout the entire hiring process. Each inefficiency within the process, from recruiting to onboarding, is just another opportunity to lose your best candidates.
By integrating with your chosen HRIS, GIS can simplify the background screening process. We can take whatever information the HRIS provides to us to initiate the background check, and ask your applicants to just (electronically!) fill in the gaps using our Applicant Entry Portal.
We know that time is of the essence. On average, the final report is delivered to you within 48 hours, with some searches ready instantly. What’s more, by using tools like our Applicant Entry Portal, we get required information from the applicant much quicker, meaning that we can initiate the check earlier and get it done earlier.
Every hiring process is rife with forms that must be completed – from the authorization and disclosure for the background check to the Form I-9 for onboarding. GIS provides electronic services for all of these forms, which eases the burden on the applicant and makes them more likely to complete the paperwork.
As an NAPBS-accredited background screening company, GIS has made a commitment to uphold high product and service standards. With our 99.9% accuracy rate, you can rely on us to provide the information you need to make safe and informed hiring decisions.
Hospitality clients have reported a 20-30% savings by using GIS for their background screening and drug testing program. We do this without cutting corners or hiding behind our invoices. Where other companies nickel and dime you, GIS provides a well-rounded program with no hidden charges.
It’s your job to understand background screening regulations as they apply to you. It’s our job to help you understand what regulations apply to you and how, and to help you fulfill those regulations. We take this responsibility seriously. Not only do we actively search for and report on a broad range of compliance issues, we issue frequent compliance alerts that help you understand how any changes impact you. Most importantly, we offer a full complement of compliance services.
We make it easy for you to fulfill all your FCRA and state requirements, offering compliant electronic Authorization & Disclosure solutions, as well as a full Adverse Action program, complete with Individualized Assessment. We further provide forms and guides to help you maintain compliance with other hiring Guidances, like the EEOC.
If you can think of a check, chances are that GIS does it. In particular, some of our most popular services for our leisure and hospitality clients are:
- Traditional criminal background checks, with electronic court interfaces covering the vast majority of the country.
- KwikScreen National Criminal Database, with more than 595 million records.
- National Sex Offender Registry covering all 50 states plus Washington, D.C., Guam, and Puerto Rico.
- 5- to 10-panel FDA-cleared drug tests with results in as little as 5 minutes.
- Motor Vehicle Records (MVRs) and ongoing driver monitoring to ensure that anyone driving a vehicle for your organization is safely able to do so.
- FCRA services, including Adverse Action and Individualized Assessment.
In addition, many GIS clients find value in:
- Tax Credit services to help you earn millions of dollars in credits (actual GIS results from actual GIS clients).
- I-9 and E-Verify services to help you remain in compliance while decreasing the paperwork burden on all of your employees.
- Health and wellness services for physicals, vaccinations and more.