General Information Services (GIS) was established in 1966 and is one of the nation's oldest and largest background screening providers. Originally founded to provide screening services to the insurance industry, GIS has expanded dramatically in the years since by providing services to companies large and small across all industries. Today, we help some of the world’s largest organizations hire better employees, bring on better volunteers and engage better contractors – every day. GIS employs more than %varGoesHere% people and is headquartered in Chapin, South Carolina, with operations centers in Columbia, SC and Dallas, Texas.
As a company, we believe in:
- Integrity – providing services worthy of the trust our clients have placed in us.
- Reliability – using our industry knowledge and advanced technologies to ensure that our clients get exactly what they want, when they want it.
- Innovation – consistently improving to make those who use our services more valuable to their organizations.
- Accessibility – having a dedicated workforce that will be there as an active resource to partner with our clients.
- Adaptability – always anticipating, accepting and leading change that brings value to our clients, our industry and ourselves.
- Quality – performing at a consistently high level as befitting a company that has been accredited by the Background Screening Credentialing Council of NAPBS.