Established in 1966, General Information Services, Inc. (GIS) is one of the oldest and largest background screening providers in the nation. Originally founded to provide screening services to the insurance industry, GIS expanded dramatically once purchased by Raymond Conrad in 1996. Under Ray's guidance as Owner and CEO, GIS has become one of the fastest growing technology companies in the nation. We provide our solutions to some of the world's largest employers, helping them hire better employees every day. Today, GIS employs more than 700 people and is headquartered in Chapin, South Carolina (just outside of the capital city of Columbia, SC). In addition, GIS has a Western Operations Center in Dallas, Texas, and sales offices throughout the nation
As a company, we believe in:
- Integrity – providing services worthy of the trust our clients have placed in us.
- Reliability – using our industry knowledge and advanced technologies to ensure that our clients get exactly what they want, when they want it.
- Innovation – consistently improving to make those who use our services more valuable to their organizations.
- Accessibility – having a dedicated workforce that will be there as an active resource to partner with our clients.
- Adaptability – always anticipating, accepting and leading change that brings value to our clients, our industry and ourselves.
- Quality – performing at a consistently high level as befitting a company that has been accredited by the Background Screening Credentialing Council of NAPBS.