WOTC & Federal Hiring Credits
The federal government offers employment tax credits to encourage organizations to hire individuals that are facing barriers to the workforce. GIS offers tax credit consulting services to help organizations capture the maximum credit potential based on federal regulations.
One of the most popular federal tax programs is the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC). Our completely electronic solution can earn you up to $9,000 in credits per employee.
WOTC categories include:
- Qualified recipients of TANF (Temporary Assistance to Needy Families)
- Qualified veterans who are receiving food stamps and veterans entitled to compensation for a service-connected disability who:
- Were hired within one year of having been discharged or released from active duty OR
- Who have been unemployed any 6 of the last 12 months
- Veterans who have been released from active duty within the past five years and have received unemployment compensation for at least one of the past 12 months
- Ex-felons hired no later than one (1) year after conviction/release
- Designated Community residents (ages 18-39) living in a federally designated Empowerment Zone or Rural Renewal County
- Vocational Rehabilitation referrals
- Qualified summer youth (ages 16-17) who reside in a federally designated Empowerment Zone, and are employed between May 1 and Sept 15
- Qualified SNAP (food stamp) recipients (ages 18-39)
- Qualified recipients of Supplemental Security Income
Other Federal Tax Credits Include:
- Empowerment Zone Credit (FEZ)
- Indian Employment Credit (IEC)
Significant credit opportunities exist for organizations operating in Empowerment Zones and for Federal Indian Employment Credits when employing qualified individuals living in the surrounding areas. GIS can help you track the areas in which your employees live, providing federal tax credits that can positively impact your bottom line.
Take the Tax Credit Challenge!
Complete our short form and let GIS show you how our revolutionary tax credit screening and management processes can benefit you.