- Consumer Data Industry Association
- CUPA-HR (College and University Professionals Association for Human Resources)
- NAPBS (National Association of Professional Background Screeners)
- NRF (National Retail Federation)
- RILA (Retail Industry Leaders Association)
- SILA (Securities & Insurance Licensing Association)
HR Open Standards Consortium
The HR Open Standards Consortium is the only independent, non-profit, volunteer-led organization dedicated to the development and promotion of a standard suite of specifications to enable human resource related data exchanges. GIS is one of only a handful of background screening organizations certified by the HR Open Standards Consortium.
GIS is an active member of the NAPBS and is one of fewer than 95 companies to have their domestic screening services be accredited by the NAPBS. To be accredited, background screening companies have to voluntarily apply for accreditation. After applying, the background screening company must meet or exceed the expectations of a rigorous onsite audit, conducted by an independent auditing firm, of its policies and procedures in six critical areas: consumer protection, legal compliance, client education, product standards, service standards, and general business practice.